I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, January 16, 2010

ER Time

Well, we spent the better part of the evening in the emergency room with Laura. The children (cousins also) were out back picking oranges from our very full tree, when a ladder fell on her. Laura was so petrified of going to the doctor she didn't want to get off the toilet seat and go to the doctors..:p poor baby! She ended up with 4 staples on the back of her head (and a well deserved happy meal!) She was such a brave little girl, while she did cry, she didn't scream, or throw a fit, she just did what she was told. As I was telling people over the cell to pray for her because she was so fearful of the dr. and of getting a shot (she was sitting right there listening to me talk)it made her feel good to know that people would actually pray for her like that. After it was all said and done, we talked about how she felt better because people were praying for her and how she was able to handle getting a shot (in her head mind you) and staples and that it didn't hurt all that much. She was able to understand in a little girl way how God listens to His people when they pray. ;D

I have a feeling that by the end of this weekend she will be on spoiled little girl! :-) That's ok, with me, after 6 children I believe in some spoiling when they get sick or hurt or just because!;-} Well, it's time to try to sleep (I usually have a hard time when one of my children aren't feeling well), but first I'll finish watching this episode of the Waltons. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment