I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Monday, July 26, 2010

It's that time again...

It's time to start planning out my school year now that August is almost upon us. We start school the day after Labor Day, so I usually begin my planning sometime near the end of July and beginning of August, I usually have all my curriculum or at least know exactly what I'm doing so I can plan accordingly.  This will be my first year in 7 years that I will not be planning high school. Mixed blessing I guess... 


So.. #'s 3,4,&5 will be doing Math Mammoth at their various levels, Language Lessons from Queen Homeschool Supplies, Homeschool in the Woods Adventure's series (history), Apologia science-Botany + some animal studies, weekly nature journal (first year doing this), still have to pick out hymns for hymn study, archery, woodworking, sewing and cooking will be handi-work skills being learned this year also.


#3 will be working on his cursive writing skills, reading some more challenging books ( I may incorporate some audio books he can read along with, considering he's an auditory learner).


#4 will be learning cursive, working on his reading skills, he will be finishing up with his Math-U-See and then be moving on to Math Mammoth.


#5 will be learning how to read, learning to write, and learning all about modesty and manners. I bought these great little books for girls from Queen Homeschool Supplies (at queenhomeschool.com) that really help start the conversation with you little girls.


#6 will continue learning her phonics on starfall.com, and Your Baby can Read, continue with basic math skills, beginning writing skills (tracing different shapes and lines, etc...) various workbooks from local stores and plenty of hands on creativity.


There's a whole lot more but that's all I can think of for now, I'm in the process of planning my terms, I bought a school planner a few years ago that has really helped me plan out my year, break it down to my terms, break those down to my weeks and then days. I bought from Simply Charlotte Mason and it has been worth every penny.


Well, the grandparents just pulled up (yep, I'm in the front watching the children play), time for some fun grandparent time!;-D

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this! I haven't heard of the queen homeschool site and I love it now. I am ordering today! Have a great day! And thanks for the constant encouragement on my sites! :) Emma

    ReplyDelete