I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

40 years...

Dad (Gary), Mom (Francine), Me ( 40 years ago)


Today (July 13) I am 40 years old. I have mixed emotions about it, I welcomed turning 30, I was very thankful to get out of my 20's! The first half of my 30's brought my 4 younger children while the last part I watched my oldest two boys become men.  My husband surrendered to the ministry, we became missionaries, spent 2 yrs. on deputation, went to the arctic, our youngest daughter was born, became very ill, lost her hearing and we moved back to the states. We started a church, graduated our first son and he went off to Bible College, just graduated second son and he is going off to Bible College, all this and much more in this one decade. I look at my 40's and see my second set of sons growing into men with girls close behind into becoming young ladies. As we get older we realize much more that our parents get older also...


With all the uncertanies that life has, I do know one thing- That GOD is ALWAYS with me, no matter what! He is such a loving, merciful, gracious God, I cannot imagine life without Him!!


Psalms 18:28-36 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Welcome to the 40's Club! :-) I love reading your blog! I'd like to invite you to a croup on NING

    http://christianhomesteadkeepers.ning.com/

    Blessings!
    Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete