I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 ~ 1st Day of School!!!  Only 169 days to go...LOL...
This is my favorite part of school, the first few weeks are full of excitement and expectation. School is so much more fun now than when spring comes around. This year I'm teaching 4th gr., 2nd gr., 1st gr., and K, no highschooler this year (1st time in 7 yrs. *sigh*).  My youngest is deaf (she has bilateral Cochlear Implants), so it's a challenge getting the right type of curriculumns for her, mostly I make up my own worksheets for her. She is so smart, she knows her sounds of the alphabet already. I was so surprised when I heard her doing them the other day, she taught them to herself using starfall.com, this is a great resource, I highly recommend this webpage for phonics.

I love that I can sit at my dining room table with my children and watch them learn. Whether it be learning to read, learning new math facts (or dealing with old ones, hehe), learning their colors, studying artwork, learning a new hymn and who wrote it, and most importantly, learning Bible truths! Truly this is what why we started homeschooling in the first place. So our children will learn how the Bible and it's truths pertain to EVERY part of life! I feel so blessed that God has allowed me do these things with our dear children.


For all my fellow homeschoolers, my prayer is that you have a GREAT year this year, and that your homeschool sees the many blessings of God!

God Bless,
Christine
Phil. 4:13

1 comment:

  1. Amen, there is no great joy and fulfillment than to teach our own children, and train them in the admonition of the lord, it is our role as mother, Blessings, Barbara

    ReplyDelete