I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pluggin' Along & God's Schoolhouse

Well, we are into our 5th week of school and just pluggin' along (so to speak). I do need to catch up on history and science a bit, but other than that we are doing pretty good so far. The children have been enjoying it for the most part, they do have their days where they would rather play, but in general they have had a pretty good attitude. PTL! ;-) 

Ah, but then their's me...The Lord has been teaching me some serious lessons!!  It's safe to say that we never attain perfection, at least I haven't! Especially where my attitude is concerned. It is nice though, that when you have matured some as a christian that you know your attitude is wrong and you want the Lord to help you change it. That is where I was these past few months, I have had some feelings about someone that I haven't had since I don't know when. I truly did not want to feel like I did and was praying (and asking anyone close to me to pray for me too) and seeking God's Word for His guidence. And just like Him, He answered my prayers in His time (this last week/weekend) and of course in His perfect way. It wasn't easy, but just like any type of growth, it was well worth it.  I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who is patient, loving and kind ( and Who chastiseth when needed).

I now have a Christ like love for this person, yes I still struggle with her personality, but God gave me a verse to repeat over & over in place of the negative thoughts I may be having, it sure works! I LOVE the Word of God!

I'll leave you with the two verses that God gave me:

Psalms 141:3  Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

John 15:12  This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Blessing,
Christine
Psalm 18

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It's always good to do self-evaluations... It's better to concentrate on what we need to change rather than others. Thanks for always being such an encouragement to me. I pray the Lord blesses your heart of encouragement and self-reflection :)

    ReplyDelete