I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Strange & Sad

Today was the first time in 3 years we didn't go to FBC, it felt sad and strange. You see, my dh resigned as the pastor last Sunday.  :-(  This is a decision that has been prayed over for a long time (more him than me, I prayed for him but knew that no matter how I feel, it is ultimitely between him and God. Not easy to say the least!). Many reasons go into a decision like this, most of which I won't discuss here (nothing immoral), but I will say that when God wants us to make a change in our life plans, we better make the change!  It's a confusing time for the younger children, so we are doing our best to help them understand on each of their levels. Please pray for us as we make yet another transition in our lives, I just want to please God and serve Him with my life. I desire to be the wife and mother God intends for me to be. This last year has been very difficult, so I'm praying that this new year will bring more positive things for our family. I pray we will grow closer to our Savior and have a hunger and desire for the things of God more than we've ever had before!

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6

I know one thing for sure, God is good ALL the time!

4 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Praying! Please sure to the gals on the group so that they can pray for you as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I will start praying for ya'll, especially the little one's. I am sure it is hard to explain and hard for them to fully understand with out constantly bringing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a pastor's wife, I really understand! I will be praying for you and your family..I know your husband will follow God's leading. Love in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I appreciate your prayers, we serve such an awesone Saviour! I could never imagine life without Him!!!

    ReplyDelete