I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Waltons

I love this show! We don't watch much tv, so the things that we do watch we want to be family friendly. Not todays worldy views of the family, but the views of days gone by. The Waltons isn't perfect (can't stand how the children talk back at times, use this a "learning time with the youngins')but I love how the theme is love and devotion to family. The grandparents are a vital part of the family unit, as the parents are. I also love the hard working nature and simplicity of the family. They're up early, and go to bed early (with the chickens as grandpa Walton would say), they don't have a lot, but what they have is enough. Their's is a home that is full of love for one another and a contentment with the things they have (for the most part). They live off the land for their needs and all their needs are met.
There are times I long for this "simple" life. The times we live in are fast paced, and getting faster by the moment. At times I think this recession has been a good thing for the family. It has caused us to slow down some, pick and choose the things we are going to spend our time and money on. We have found that staying at home with our loved ones is just as nice (or better) than some expensive getaway where we all do our own thing!
I love being a stay at home mom, I homeschool my children, I make a lot of things from scratch (not everything), I love reading to my children, listening to old time radio shows, reading and acting out Bible stories, going to the park, camping, and just about anything that will allow me time with my husband and children.
I love that I can instill in them a love for their Creator. I can teach them what it is to be a godly man, and to be a godly woman, to love and cherish the place God has given us in this world. To be soulwinners...
Having a house filled with the love of God is an incredible thing. The offerings of this world dull in camparison to what God has to give if we but ask.

Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tellthier children, and their children another generation... Joel 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment